Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 3 - Jiufen, Kenting


"Jiufen also became popular in 2001, when its downtown was used as a model in the anime movie Spirited Away."


It was a nice little town to slow and enjoy. Drinking a cup of warm tea in the cold weather.


Beautiful Street.
Really looks like a scene from the movie "Spirited Away".


An old house.

One of the benefits of traveling alone is meeting more local people. It was raining, and I was waiting alone at a bus stop for a bus to get back to Taipei. Then, there were a few local taxi drivers who sought shelter in the bus stop and we started chatting about army days and the life of a taxi driver etc... It was nice.



Sunset taken on the train.
I took a high-speed train (300km/h) from Taipei to Kaoshiung. It only took me 90mins to travel 400-500km. It is convenient.


After the train ride, I took a 2hour bus from Kaoshiung to Kenting (the southern most city in Taiwan). On the bus, I have a TV screen showing the local news - Ex-president who was convicted of corruption.


I have seen Christian and Catholic TV channels when I was traveling in other parts of the world, and this is my first time watching a Buddhist TV Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment